Confucius Institute at SEGi University 2016 Board Meeting in Hainan
The Faculty of Dentistry held its inaugural Pre-Convocation Awards Ceremony for its first batch of 24 graduates on 18 November 2016. The Guests of Honour for the Awards Ceremony were Group President/Executive Director, Datuk Mohamed Azahari Kamil, Vice Chancellor of SEGi University, Professor Dr Patrick Kee and Foundation Dean, Datuk Dr Fawzia binti Dato’ Abdullah. Present were the graduates and their parents, Deputy VCs, the Registrar, Head of Regulatory and Quality Assurance, and Deans and representatives from other faculties, as well as Faculty of Dentistry lecturers, support staff, and students.
The Awards ceremony was to acknowledge the outstanding graduates of Faculty of Dentistry with 6 excellence awards and to acknowledge the whole group of 24 graduates.
The awards with cash prizes were as follows:
1. Faculty of Dentistry award for best performance in Oral Diagnosis theme: The recipient of this award was Desmond Lai Tun Han.
2. Faculty of Dentistry award for the best performance in Clinical Dental Practice theme: The recipient of this award was Lee Mei Senn.
3. The Dean’s Award for the highest marks obtained in Community Oral Health: The award went to Desmond Lai Tun Han.
4. Datuk Fawzia Award for Best Performance in Clinical Practice: The recipient of the Datuk Fawzia Award was Daniel Wong Yung Hua.
5. Vice Chancellor’s Award for Best Academic Performance: This award went to Lee Mei Senn.
6. The Group President’s award for the Best Overall Performance: The Group President’s Award went to Atiqah Binti Hassan.
7. Certificates of Merit: These certificates were awarded to all the 24 graduates.
The students were also given a dental model sponsored by Colgate-Palmolive (Malaysia & Singapore), power banks sponsored by the Office of the Group President and FOD. A personalised souvenir was also given to all the graduates from the Lecturers of FOD. This joyous day ended with the distribution of the first SEGi Dental Students’ Society ‘Succedent’ as the tribute for our first batch of graduates. This magazine was the product of the untiring efforts of the SDS Editorial Committee under the leadership of the Editor-In-Chief, Cheah Wen Jun, the ideas of Fan Shen Deng and all members of the Committee.